Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sorry Ron, and a Kate Bush Webring

From: Lane Stephenson <lane5@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 10:18:26 -0500
Subject: Sorry Ron, and a Kate Bush Webring
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@gryphon.com>, Ronald Garrison <rwgarr@intrex.net>

I officially apologize to Ron Garrison.  When the thread concerning
Cloudbusting's line "Your son's coming out" meaning "Hi Dad, I'm gay"
first started, I thought it was a goofy idea and moved on with my life.
When it refused to die however (coupled with the fact that Love-Hound
digests were thin and coming almost as regularly as new Kate albums), I
decided to finally post a "tongue firmly in cheek" response attributing
the original post to Ron, just as the post I copied it from had.  He
didn't write the original post.  Please use your favorite text editor to
change the line "Ron Garrison writes:" in my last post to "Someone
wrote:".  Thanks.  Now on to the Kate content.

A couple of months ago, I proposed starting a Webring linking those of
us with web pages concerning Kate together.  This allows someone coming
across one person's Kate page to eaisly travel to many others.  Response
to the idea was thin (thanks mouse!).  Our's is a unique group since
Kate's fan base spreads across many countries and languages, and most of
us spent at lease some time thinking that we were alone in our adoration
of Kate and her music.  Besides, each new Kate release brings with it
new fans, and the web will be utilized by many asking "Cool song - Who
is this woman?".  Gaffaweb is the definitive source of all facts Kate,
but personal pages give the unique perspective of how Kate touched the
individual.

So once again, is anyone else on Love-Hound interested in starting a
Kate Bush Webring besides me and the obviously incredibly intelligent
and forward thinking mouse?  All it takes is adding a little html to
your Kate related page - free and painless.  I have already registed the
ring ID "katebush", but we need a minimum of 5 pages to be listed in
Webring's directory.  I hope to hear from Love-Hounds around the world.

Lane
--
S'rioghal Mo Dhream
http://pw2.netcom.com/~lane5/lanes_stuff.htm

"Now is the place where the crossroads meet.
Will you look into the future?" - KT