Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Better with Age

From: "Ronald W. Garrison" <rwgarr@intrex.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 18:10:24 -0400
Subject: Re: Better with Age
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
To: "John D. Walker" <jdwalker@post.cis.smu.edu>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

John D. Walker wrote:

> Boots,
>
> Totally agree.  I would add Christine McVie to your list as another
> one
> who just keeps getting better.  She's like, 55 now I think...

Now that you mention it, I'm noticing that quite a few people in their
forties--maybe even early fifties--do actually look better than they did
earlier. This goes for both men and women. Is it just me, and my own
advancing age? Maybe a bit, but I don't think that's mainly it. I think
there are processes of maturation there, and processes of deterioration.
As people tend to have better health with advancing years, maybe we see
more of the maturation before the deterioration really sets in. I tend
to view these trends optimistically. Some people--notably, Robert Bly,
in *The Sibling Society*, do not. IMHO he's got it all wrong.

http://www.intrex.net/rwgarr/

...or, closer to the subject of this post,

http://www.intrex.net/rwgarr/rip_reap.htm