Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Bush gay?

From: "Ronald W. Garrison" <rwgarr@intrex.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 18:20:21 -0400
Subject: Re: Kate Bush gay?
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
To: Marcel F G Rijs <mfgr@bart.nl>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Marcel F G Rijs wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been very busy with 'Cloudbusting' recently (see the other
> message),
> and something struck me upon listening to the last part of the song.
> Kate
> suddenly sings:
> "Everytime it rains/
> You're here in my head/
> Like the sun coming out/
> Like your son's coming out"
>
> Is this a reference to homosexuality (coming out of the closet)? Or am
> completely missing a point here? I've read "A book of life" but didn't
> think that there was a reference to homosexuality there. But this
> phrase
> is, no doubt, not a coincidence.
>
> Anyone want to elaborate?

On the whole I doubt it. I've read Peter Reich's book (*A Book of
Dreams* --BTW it's no longer in print, hasn't been for many years, I got
a library copy.) Reich talks significantly about masturbation. I don't
specifically remember mentions of heterosexual attractions, etc., but I
do distinctly remember that there was no clear indication of any kind of
homosexual orientation, or I'm sure I would've caught it.

--Ron

--
http://www.intrex.net/rwgarr/