Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Biggest Chill?

From: cynder@prairienet.org (Theo O'Neal)
Date: 6 Oct 1997 07:20:06 GMT
Subject: Re: The Biggest Chill?
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

My moments are kinda small things but pretty powerful.  Like the little piano
bit in "Wuthering Heights" after "You know it's me, Cathy".  Just that couple
of seconds of tinkling around sounds like it's holding up the rest of the
song, before it all comes back.

And the bass note at the end of "Breathing" snuck up on me, I had just gotten
The Whole Story and was listening to it in the dark, on my way to sleep.  I
thought the song had ended and then suddenly "BUH-WOOO0000wwwwww".  Spookiest
damn thing on the planet.  Even now it gets to me.

The whole beginning part of "Rocket's Tail" is pretty...I dunno, moving, I
guess.  Actually all three songs at the end of The Sensual World are like one
long electrical jolt. It almost feels like a long, slow, comfortable scream.

Yup, off my rocker, I am.  But Kate makes me act like a drooling fanboy.