Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Biggest Chill?

From: "Lee A. Blankenship" <lab4@dana.ucc.nau.edu>
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 1997 10:23:59 -0700
Subject: Re: The Biggest Chill?
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

> > Hiya folks,
> >  I've got a question for you that maybe you've never asked yourselves about
> > Kate's music... What single line of a Kate song (vocally) has caused the
> > most intense reaction? The biggest chill to roll through you as if
> > threatening never to let go...
> >
> > During Under the Ivy, perhaps the strongest response of them all, just
> > because of the emotion range in the one segment
> > and it's not easy for me
> > to give away your secret
> > It's not safe
> >
> > Okay, so these are mostly the sad moments, but hearing Kate tug at my soul
> > has always been more a pleasure than most other musicians could provoke
> > from me in their most brilliant moments.
> >
> > I'd really love to hear from you, hear what moments do it to you.
> >
> > boots
> > (who's really glad he found this group)

Oh God.... Under the Ivy..... Just the memory of the song makes me
tremble.. . I don't have the recording of it anymore, it's on a 12 inch
single with RUTH up in Wyoming..... I listened to it when my father died
in '91.. and when my fiancee left in '86... Just two times.... It still
rips my heart out...