Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Best Cover Poll

From: Chris Williams <chrisw#wwa.com@wingate>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 23:53:31 -0500
Subject: Re: Best Cover Poll
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

 "Ronald W. Garrison" <rwgarr@intrex.net>
>Mikael Jakonen wrote:
>>
>> My favourite cover is "Running up that Hill" single.
>> (Ok, I don't own the single, so I'm not sure of the
>> title)
>> Close-up on Kate's face as an archer. She's aiming for
>> a shot. I forget I have a girlfriend whenever I see that
>> cover...
>>

>...I've always wondered what the meaning of that "arhcer" shot is. (The
>flip side of the "hounds of love" metaphor? ;-)

    Kate's brother (the photographer) John at that time was into archery
and writing his poems on people's backs. He wrote about the photo
session in the Kate Bush Club newsletter.

     Does it mean anything other than that John happened to have these
things around and Kate was also into archery? The only people who
know didn't (to my knowledge) say much else about it.

Chris Williams of
   Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
      chrisw@wwa.com
"How perfectly goddamn delightful it all is, to be sure" - C. Crumb