Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate vs. Diana

From: rbbrbndgrl@aol.com (Rbbrbndgrl)
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 15:21:51 -0400
Subject: Re: Kate vs. Diana
To: armajiro@ccsi.com (Arumajiro Services)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
SnewsLanguage: English

>>Did you know that when she took her sons to see AIDS patients that this
>>paragon of virtue told her sons the people had cancer...not AIDS? What do
>>you think about that?
>
>Is this true?!  I kind of doubt it.  How old were her sons at the
>time?  Maybe they were very young?

   I am not sure of the EXACT circumstances surrounding this situation,
but I have known SEVERAL people with AIDS, some where considered good
friends. While they indeed had AIDS, the virus often caused cancers that
were visible, often on the face. As a mother of a young child, if my son
asked why does a person look a certain way? I would reply that the person
had cancer, not AIDS. It is complicated to explain AIDS, when it IS
actually cancer a child is seeing.
   Diane was not a paragon a virtue, and she would never claim to be. But
she did bring an awareness to the issue of AIDS, and helped raise money for
the cause. I think the author, (FASTLOW) is being rather petty, and snippy
over someone who is dead.

BACK TO KATE, PLEASE....
                                                       Mary