Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Stuff

From: len bullard <cbullard@hiwaay.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 20:46:36 -0500
Subject: Re: Stuff
To: rwgarr@intrex.net
CC: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net

Ronald W. Garrison wrote:

> You know, I don't know if this will come across the way I want, but the
> more familiar I become with Kate as a person, the more I think I think I
> respect her, not for what she is, but for what she isn't. And when it
> comes to intellectual matters, she comes across as intelligence but not
> *excessively* sophisticated. Just as people can build up big muscles and
> have poor agility ("muscle-bound"), I've seen people who were so
> educated that they couldn't even realize how much bullshit they had in
> their heads. Or to put it another way--some people's heads could *use* a
> little airing out :-) We probably all know someone fitting that
> description.

Yes.  I did it to myself.  Ain't it a shame.

She comes across to me with that rare quality
joyful exuberance when she learns something she can use,
or just makes her a little more aware.  Erudition for
for the sake of domination is the final admission of
ignorance of what is important:  people.

I just wish she would tour.

FOOOOOOD FIGHHHTTTT!!!

len