Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Biggest Chill?

From: Jennifer Dunnam <dunna004@tc.umn.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 16:06:33
Subject: Re: The Biggest Chill?
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

At 09:58 AM 9/18/97 -0400, you wrote:
> Hiya folks,
>  I've got a question for you that maybe you've never asked yourselves about
> Kate's music... What single line of a Kate song (vocally) has caused the
> most intense reaction?

Many have pointed out lines which cause me to react strongly.  A few more are

"Give me a break, ooh, let me fly, give me something to show for my
miserable life, something to take, would you break even my wings, like a
swallow (let me, let me, go-o-o)"

"Night-Scented Stock" - the whole song

"So cold, let me in your window"

"You'll find me in a berlin bar, in a corner brooding."

"Bound and drowned, and paler than you've ever been."

And finally . . .

"Who is Sylvia?" (Goodnight Baby) - That entire song pretty much pushes
major buttons!

Jennifer