Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: EJ's "tribute" to Princess Di

From: ben@flump.netkonect.co.uk (Benedict Poole)
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 13:17:56 +0000
Subject: Re: EJ's "tribute" to Princess Di
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <34202427.6B3D@sckcen.be>, jdelcoux@sckcen.be (Jean-Luc Delcoux)
wrote:

> "Candle in the Wind" was a tribute to Marilyn and no one had any right
> to change this, even EJ himself. I am very surprised and shocked nobody
> seems to figure it out.

'No-one had any right'? Hmmm... don't agree with that at all. Some like the
new song, others don't, that's life. But saying Elton John (and more to the
point, Bernie Taupin) had no right to change their own song, is farcical.

Anyway, this is just CITW '97; the original is still there, the tribute to
Marilyn Monroe.

Ta ta

Ben
--
Ben Poole * Macs & Chapman Sticks are my thing!
@ play    * ben@flump.netkonect.co.uk