Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

ORGANIC ACID

From: "Yiannis Hayiannis" <hyiannis@dial.cylink.com.cy>
Date: 19 Sep 1997 02:09:52 GMT
Subject: ORGANIC ACID
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I have just received today Organic Acid and I haven't regret
a minute that I bought it .
I'll start with Katetopia , well it is excactly what is says in
the cover (Fruitopia song collage) I think that it is the only
title it could have since is a collage from the fruitopia and
the music is written by Kate what title could be better
than Katetopia ? I like listening to Kate repeating the
same verses . I think that is a little piece of art and I think
that if Kate could listen to it she might like it . it reminds
me of the work of Laurie Anderson . It is the first time I
listened to these little works of Kate and I really liked
the collage .
Organic Acid is just great , i'm not sure if there is
anything added in the music but it sounds just fine to me .
Atlantis is a beautiful song and even only for that I would
buy the whole CD.
Honey is also fine nothing sounds unusual to me in the
demo , same with the next song You Were the Stars .
Now The Handsome Cabin Boy is clear that synti is
added on the song which i think we all know well ,
but still it doesn't sound bad . I take it as a different
version .
In Gay Farewell is also added synthi but it sound
fine to me again . I like this version more than the
one in Cathy's Home Demos.
Well unfrtunately I will have to agree with Ron for
the next two songs , Passing Through Air and
The Dreamtime , they are really speeded up
with noises added perhaps to sound like demos
but I think that if they have put these 2 songs as they
were , the CD would have been excelent .
The last song Cussi Cussi is another beautiful demo .
That is my opinion about the songs.
and since Ron has marked it O out of 1O , I'll have to
give my marks and I say 7 out of 1O .
Take Care
Yiannis Hayiannis