Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate vs. Diana

From: faerymouse@aol.com (Faerymouse)
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 22:27:53 -0400
Subject: Re: Kate vs. Diana
To: <rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
SnewsLanguage: English

<<And what do YOU know about high school dropout Diana that makes you think
she's anything other than "a cutesy airhead"? Please point me to something
she's written, some art she's created or SOMETHING other than another photo
op.

As far as Kate Bush goes, I'll point you to "The Dreaming.">>

dropping out of high school does not make you a moron. i had to drop out
of high school, for various reasons which are no one elses business. many
people simply cannot handle high school, or like it, whatever. but it
doesn't make you an automatic idiot. second, not everyone in the entire
world is an artist. not everyone has the gift to write, or to paint, or
make music, or dance, whatever. it doesn't make you worth less if you can't
do any of those things. give me a break. of course kate is incredibly
talented, and that is fabulous and i am so glad that she's out there. but
does that mean that i think she's any better then a person who devotes
their life to say, studying the enviroment or rescueing abused animals or
something? of course not. we all have different paths in life.

~Siobhan~
* http://members.aol.com/Faerymouse/myworld.html *
      Member of the ~ SGC ~
* announcer: "it's so important to make your dreams of happiness come true."
   crow: "and remember, when you touch yourself, the saints cry. goodnight!" *