Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate vs. Diana

From: "Ronald W. Garrison" <rwgarr@intrex.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 18:17:20 -0400
Subject: Re: Kate vs. Diana
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
To: Faerymouse <faerymouse@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Faerymouse wrote:

> <<And what do YOU know about high school dropout Diana that makes you
> think
> she's anything other than "a cutesy airhead"? Please point me to
> something
> she's written, some art she's created or SOMETHING other than another
> photo
> op.
<snippage>
> ~Siobhan~

===============
OK, I've been watching this stuff for weeks now, hoping it would blow
over, but it looks like maybe it's gonna go on and on and on...

The following comments are not directed at any one of those posting to
this thread--it's more that I'm tired of looking at this whole thread in
general. Or maybe embarassed is more the word--I'm finding it actually
embarassing that at least one individual I have a lot of regard for--and
possibly more than one--is the subject of these unseemly and invidious
comparisons. If I were Kate, or Diana, or Mother Theresa, I'd probably
retch from sheer embarassment. Even being dead could probably not
prevent it. There are all kinds of things we could have a lively
discussion about--say, what ought to be done about the last remnants of
monarchy, or the role of the Vatican in helping or hurting the lot of
Third World people, or whether doing commercials to sell Minute Maid
products makes you less worthy of respect. You could probably get me
going on any of these, and it would make sense. But these
comparisons--blecchh!! And does completing high school have anything to
do with it? No way--that's just another point on the graph, although
clearly an important one. So let's get on with what will do honor to
both the living and the dead.

--Ron

http://www.intrex.net/rwgarr/