Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate vs. Diana

From: pohlke@inf.fu-berlin.de (Andreas Pohlke)
Date: 18 Sep 1997 15:26:28 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate vs. Diana
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

fastslow@idt.net (Don) writes:
>>>Did you know that when she took her sons to see AIDS patients that this
>>>paragon of virtue told her sons the people had cancer...not AIDS? What do
>>>you think about that?
>>Is this true?!  I kind of doubt it.  How old were her sons at the
>>time?  Maybe they were very young?
>It's REALLY true. During one of the tributes to her life, I heard the words
>directly from her mouth, on screen. Needless to say, my wife and I were
>absolutely flabbergasted that would admit to this, and she did it
>completely without shame. She just threw in that little tidbit after she
>was bragging to an interviewer that she had taken her kids to visit AIDS
>patients. As to their ages at the time, that I can't say. Does it matter?

It does. How do I explain AIDS to a child? Cancer is something morre common
and AIDS resembles cancer partially (hey, didn't we use to call it
homo-cancer or the like? -in German: Schwulenkrebs-, that was in the
mid-eighties or so). I think, this is not very important at all,
because _she_ knew about it. The kids will get the clue from TV or at
school, if not told by their parents before.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Pohlke  <pohlke@ inf.fu-berlin.de>        Institute for Computer Science
http://www.inf.fu-berlin.de/~pohlke               Free University of Berlin