Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Never Be Mine (was Re: 'Lily' The Red Shoes-Question?)

From: "boots" <more@more.more>
Date: 18 Sep 1997 07:21:44 GMT
Subject: Never Be Mine (was Re: 'Lily' The Red Shoes-Question?)
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I can't say Never Be Mine is her best song, but it does have a very special
place to me
"Their setting fire to the cornfields as you're taking me home" is a scene
that I think would be perfect for a movie, especially considering the very
dramatic images I've seen after harvest in Illinois where there is a lot of
burning (reminds my especially of sunset in this situation). I've even
centered part of a story I've written around that sensation, the time I got
to witness this was a few years ago. I was on my way up to my sister's
farm. Coming north from Florida means a drastic climate change that
reminded me that it was Autumn. Something about that first evening that
feels like autumn...I dunno, it effects me deeply.

Ok, I know that wasn't the question that was asked, and I wasn't the person
it was directed at, but there it is.

I need to go take my medicine anyway

boots

Ronald W. Garrison <rwgarr@intrex.net> wrote in article