Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate on SNL

From: Lane Stephenson <lane5@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 15:27:55 -0500
Subject: Kate on SNL
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@gryphon.com>

> SNL was my first exposure to Kate also.  If I remember correctly, she did
> two songs: Them Heavy People and .... (I don't remember the other one).
> Eric Idle was the guest host I think. Funny thing is, I have never seen
> that particular program again.  Comedy Central show SNL reruns to death,
> but never that one.

To quote the average AOLer, "Me too".  Kate's first song that night was
"The Man With the Child In His Eyes" dressed in the gold body suit of
the official video and doing the same basic choreography atop Paul
Shaffer's (of David Letterman fame) piano.  Actually you can catch that
Saturday Night Live rerun, but they never show Kate's bit.  The best
known sketch from that show is Dan Ackryod playing Julia Child preparing
chicken on her cooking show.  She accidentaly cuts herself and proceeds
to spew forth gallons on blood for the next several minutes.  If you
want to pop over to my web page (see below), I have a couple of still
images from that night.  I "borrowed" them from the brilliant "Passing
Through Air" portion of Gaffaweb, and gave them credit, so please don't
hurt me.

Lane
--
S'rioghal Mo Dhream
http://pw2.netcom.com/~lane5/lanes_stuff.htm

"Now is the place where the crossroads meet.
Will you look into the future?" - KT