Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: My failed attempt

From: mcolville@nospam.net (Matthew M. Colville)
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 23:58:57 -0700
Subject: Re: My failed attempt
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <01bcc0a9$1566dcc0$5a8aaccf@krobert.erols.com>,
krobert@erols.com (KR) wrote:

> Ok, this is a true story.  Disturbing, but true.

> Anyone else had a terrible experience like this?  I mean, I tried!
>
> Ken

   I've had experiences like this *happen* to me, but I like to think of
myself as someone who does unto others, etc. . . and I really don't like
people who prosthelytize to me, so I try not to do it to others.

   Passion and music are two unquantifyable abstracts. Both of them beget
very subjective opinions.  When you amplify them by being Passionate about
Music, it's silly to expect anyone else to agree with you, and wonderful
when they do.
   People who feel the way you do about Kate Bush are rare, as they should
be.  Something unquantifyable, yet desirable, would be lost if they were
commonplace.

--
Matthew M. Colville            mcolville@earthlink.net
Diplomat/Sage/Dunedain     Unaligned Monk Philsopher