Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: HOL re-release

From: "He Is John" <heisjohn@gate.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 20:53:42 -0400
Subject: Re: HOL re-release
To: "Love Hounds" <love-hounds@gryphon.com>

l>oug asked:
> Has anyone else noticed that all of the songs on the HOL side of the
> HOL re-release are chopped off at the end; i.e., the fade outs don't
> fade enough, they just unceremoniously stop.  This is highly
> unfortunate, since otherwise the sonic quality of the re-release is
> excellent.  But this misfeature is so great as to make the album
> highly irritating to listen to.

I listened to 4 different HOL releases (all on CD), and I don't hear any
significant variation in the fade-outs.  My ears hear no difference at all
on the various pressings of RUTH, Big Sky and Cloudbusting (US, UK,
Japanese & UK remaster); *maybe* a slight difference on HOL (about .5
second -- which I never would have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out);
and the ending of MSFC is abrupt on all versions.

What are you comparing it to?  (Or is my auditory acuity not what it used
to be???)

John