Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RE: BBC Radio one interview

From: Mike Wade <mwade@oxfam.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 14:05:00 +0100
Subject: RE: BBC Radio one interview
To: kerry mcdaniel <campbel@mail.tds.net>, "rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net" <rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net>

Kerry McDaniel asked: "Does anyone have a recording of the Radio One
interviews, broadcast on Dec.
30 and 31, 1980 ?  Mine are unlistenable now..."

Sorry - just catching up on the mass of mail. I've got copies of these,
although they also verge on the unlistenable in places. For those who
don't know what we are talking about, Paul Gambiccini (UK DJ) did 2 x 50
minute interviews with Kate, during which she played her fave music. The
first night's programme focussed mainly on folk music and the second on
more commercial stuff. It's funny how Kate's musical tastes helped
influence my own - this was the first time I'd heard Allegri's
"Miserere" for examply, or heard of Roy Harper, both now definite faves.

If we do manage to get a tape tree set up, I'd be happy to add these to
the mix. Also a BBC Radio1 interview with Peter Powell about "Never for
Ever". Plus some dodgy videos - mostly TV interviews on "The Dreaming"
although I've also got a rather iffy US interview "Profiles in Rock" or
some such title. If ANYONE out there has got a copy of the BBC "Kate"
special, please, please add it to any Love-hounds vid Tree!

Love to all,
	Mike