Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: My failed attempt

From: Tereza2000@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 02:45:15 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: My failed attempt
To: krobert@erols.com, love-hounds@gryphon.com

I don't even try anymore to get my friends into Kate.  I've never had one
successful attempt.  I think maybe she is something that a person has to
discover on his or her own (i.e. like on a various artist CD as I discovered
her -Greenpeace- or in She's Having a Baby as someone I know discovered her).
 Maybe she's too much for people to handle initially in a strong dose like a
full CD or a video.  I usually get the "she's too weird" attitude.  If the
music is "weird" her video interpretations must seem even weirder to the
Kate-deprived person, so maybe that was your mistake :)  Maybe one day Kate
and Violent Femmes will end up on the same various artist CD and your friend
will discover our fabulous Kate herself ;)

T.

<< Subj:	 My failed attempt