Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

My failed attempt

From: "KR" <krobert@erols.com>
Date: 14 Sep 1997 00:59:13 GMT
Subject: My failed attempt
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Ok, this is a true story.  Disturbing, but true.

Last week I was killing time at work, I mean having a meeting at work, with
a co-worker and the subject of music and Kate came up.  My co-worker was
not familiar with Kate so I thought - "Here is my chance to do some
missionary work!"  The next day I brought in "The Line, the Cross & the
Curve" for her to see.  At lunch she took it into the conference room (we
have a TV-VCR in there) and I went out to get some lunch.

I got back and was eating at my desk when she came into my office with the
tape, looked at me and said, "Artists!" , rolled her eyes and left.  Well,
I was dumbfounded.

When I could manage to get up from my chair I went to her office to try to
talk to her.  She then tried to get me to listen to The Violent Femmes.
(They sounded like the Ramones hopped up on estrogen to me.)  I haven't
talked to here since.

Anyone else had a terrible experience like this?  I mean, I tried!

Ken

P.S. Over in alt.music.pink-floyd they were having a discussion about
whether Kate and Dave Gilmour had/are having an affair.  Some of you want
to go straighten those heathens out?
--
Floyd Code: v1.2 r+d>s TW 0/0/ FD 0- 0 P* 5 0