Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: My failed attempt

From: "Renee Rosen" <lilitu@cjnetworks.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 20:41:39 +0600
Subject: Re: My failed attempt
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Comments: Authenticated sender is <lilitu@mail.cjnetworks.com>

On 14 Sep 97 at 0:59, KR wrote:

> When I could manage to get up from my chair I went to her office to
> try to talk to her.  She then tried to get me to listen to The
> Violent Femmes. (They sounded like the Ramones hopped up on estrogen
> to me.)  I haven't talked to here since.

Well, you can't make everyone like Kate--not just that, perhaps the
video wasn't the best intro? (I still haven't seen it, since I can't
find a rental copy and I rarely buy videos, though I probably will if
I ever get any $$ again.) OTOH, the Violent Femmes are great--I dont'
think they sound like the Ramones at all. (Of course, I like some
Ramones too.) They're not female, BTW, but all male. I love their
first two albums, especially the song "Country Death Song"--that is a
classic!
Renee Rosen                                  "Intelligence in the cat
lilitu@cjnetworks.com                               is underrated."
Goddess in Training
Astrud and Astrudel on irc                                --Louis Wain
http://www.cjnetworks.com/~lilitu