Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Jewel Bush?

From: saryfaery@aol.com (SaryFaery)
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 15:13:17 -0400
Subject: Re: Jewel Bush?
To: <rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
SnewsLanguage: English

>, ideal for the
>90's sensibility of selling out classics to make room for a generation's
>creative failure.

This is totally insulting to people of an entire generation.  Why is it
that when one generation is in their "creative prime" they complain about
not being understood by the older generation, but as soon as they get
older, they find it necessary to berate and belittle people younger than
they.  I think this just shows how people are too hard headed, close-minded
and unwilling to change.  Times and people change, so does the art that
reflects those changes.  It's life.  If you pine over the fact that nothing
from any new generation is creative than you will miss out.  I love Kate,
and I feel she is one of the most brilliant musicians ever in music, but
that doesn't mean it stops with her.  I'm not going to look down on an
entire generation of people because their creativity is different.  That's
silly.  The wheel keeps going even if you don't like how far it turns.  If
you cling to one part of it, you will be crushed......