Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate vs. Diana

From: faerymouse@aol.com (Faerymouse)
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 21:31:34 -0400
Subject: Re: Kate vs. Diana
To: <rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
SnewsLanguage: English

>The wisdom of Kate's conscious decision to avoid the media and not to become
>just another celebrity is now apparent.  See where Princess Diana's thirst
>for
>celebrity got her.  Now she's dead.

"thrist for celebrity"?? where do you get off? the women spent most of her
life hiding from the press, the only time she was really ok with publicity
was when she was trying to draw attention to a cause.

> I find it very interesting the
>relationship of
>talent and brilliance to who is meritorious of celebrity and how this has
>worked in
>Kate's favor.  Princess Diana, who was a relatively talentless cutesy
>air-head and
>a former member of the Royal family, is admired and mourned by millions;

yeah. someone who worked so hard to stop landmines, help find a cure for
aids, and more is really an "airhead". i'd like to know what you've done to
better the world. and of course she is mourned. she's DEAD.

>yet, Kate Bush, who has given the world more than Diana ever thought of, is
>relatively
>ignored.  Brilliance is ignored while mediocrty is Glorified!  Ain't the
>world a twisted place.  I hope I never live to see Kate Bush's death, but
>when than time comes, she definitely deserves a state funeral.  Kate has
>character that Diana only wished she had.

you know why Diana gets more attention than Kate? because she is DEAD. she
died a terrible death. she did her best in her lifetime to show love and
compassion towards all people. she's more well known than Kate because she
was the Princess of Wales for christssake. Kate is a musician who was MUCH
more able to hide from the public then Diana was. Fewer people know who
Kate is because she is a MUSICIAN. not a princess. and music is a very
subjective taste. Kate touched my world and many other's through music, but
it is stupid to assume that she would touch everyones. not everyone likes
her type of music.

~Siobhan~
* http://members.aol.com/Faerymouse/myworld.html *
      Member of the ~ SGC ~
* announcer: "it's so important to make your dreams of happiness come true."
   crow: "and remember, when you touch yourself, the saints cry. goodnight!" *