Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Organic Fiasco

From: IEDSRI@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 22:48:46 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Organic Fiasco
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

IED would like to take this opportunity to thank and praise Karen and her
project-partner for their extraordinary generosity in this whole home-CD
affair.  Karen's concern throughout has always been to find a way to share
the material in question with as many Love-Hounds as might be interested,
without charging anything but cost, and despite the likelihood that it would
mean considerable time and effort on her part.  For the record, she did
mention this in a posting to Love-Hounds shortly after Katemas.  Of course,
Ron's pique is understandable given that he was had by this Nesser character,
but it is truly unfair to direct his anger at Karen -- or indeed at IED, who
had a hand in the temporarily suspended CD project.

Meanwhile, NO ONE should pay this Nesser person one red cent for his "rare"
CD.  Particularly given the circumstances surrounding this material (whether
it should turn out that Nesser's CD is a straight copy or just some kind of
parallel product hobbled together from bits of the original and other
sources), his "offer" is disgusting.  If he has a shred of decency he'll
return Ron's money to him.

IED does apologize for his inexcusable naivety in this matter -- after all
these years he should have anticipated that the kind of charitable act for
other fans that Karen, I and another undertook was all too likely to create
such unhappy misunderstandings.  To quote Catherine, "You'll get the wrong
idea/You'll get broken/And you'll never let yourself go again..."

Peace, folks.

-- Andrew Marvick (IED)
     S              R             I
"And I've noticed in your eyes/A sadness I don't like/To recognize. . . "