Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Organic Acid CD

From: Ronald.Girardin@Dartmouth.EDU (Ronald Girardin)
Date: 11 Sep 97 16:29:41 EDT
Subject: Re: Organic Acid CD
To: wyzdom@skypoint.com, love-hounds@gryphon.com

--- You wrote:
Listen ,all of the other 4 people who have bought the CD,said
they really enjoyed it. I own alot of Kate Bootlegs and listen
to them often and I don't think the Organic Acid CD sound fake to me!
I think your opinion is wrong and very destructive ,because I've
heard much worse bootlegs than this. Why didn't you e-mail me
with your opinion?
--- end of quote ---
Mark,

    you GOT to be kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   the reason I didn't email
you privately was because this bootleg is offensive and misleading.

Mark, let's walk through all the tracks again, OK?

1.  Katetopia (Fruitopia song collage)

      - It's TOTALLY inapropriate to even have "Katetopia" as the title
        to begin with.  "Katetopia" is OURS!!!!!!!  Obviously, the
        bootlegger is lurking among us and delibrately used this title
        to add "credibility".  Well it didn't work!

      - This is 20 minutes of repeating 30 second musical pieces and adding
        Kate's voice saying things that are totally out of context.

2.  Organic Acid

      -  Who is playing the "atmospheric" keyboard?  Certainly NOT Kate!
         SOMEBODY decided to add that to the song.  It underminds the
         whole song.

      -  By adding the keyboard, the bootlegger is hoping to pass that as
         somekind of studio outtake.  There ARE NO studio outtakes of
         Organic Acid.  There's only a demo.

3.  Atlantis

      -  This song was left alone.   AS I said in my review,  it stands
         on its own...which is fine.

4.  Honey

      -  This is NOT a studio demo as labeled on the CD cover.  The demo
         did not come with extra keyboards on it.   who played the keyboards?

5.  You Were The Stars

      -  Why did the bootlegger add keyboards to this demo?  why wasn't
         this song left alone like Atlantis was?  By adding the keyboards,
         the bootlegger is destroying the demo.  It's not a demo anymore...

6.  The Handsome Cabin Boy

      -  You know this song, don't you?   It does NOT contain any extra
         keyboards other than the single droning note.  Kate did NOT play
         the other keyboards.  This song is NOT a studio outtake.  It's
         the released verwsion of the song with someone ELSE playing the
         extra keyboard.  This kind of bootlegging/piracy is intolerable.

7.  Gay Farwell

      -  again, who did the extra keyboards???   NOT Kate!!!!

8.  Passing Through Air

      -  The song isn't even at the right speed.  Jesus Christ!!!!
         Why????    I'll tell you why:  it's to mislead people into
         believing that this is a studio demo.  It's not a demo.  It's
         the real song...sped up and with keyboards added.   Why was it
         defaced in such a tasteless manner?  Isn't the original good
         enough????    I think it is.

9.  Dreamtime

      - (see no. 8)

      -  This IS Kate's BEST instrumental.   It doesn't deserve the
         the "treatment" it got.    fuckin' bootlegger!!!!!!!   Don't
         you think the original is MUCH better???????    Do you even
         HAVE the original DREAMTIME??    BTW, it's a B-side for several
         Kate 7" singles.

10.  Cussi Cussi

      -  this one's fine.

C'mon Mark.  I know you're trying to sell this thing...but don't expect
me NOT to express my opinion based on the fact that these songs were tampered
with.   Here, at lovehounds and rec.music.gaffa,  we are suppose to educate
the fans on who Kate is and what her music is all about.  We are not here
to mislead them.

peace

ron