Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Organic Acid?

From: Ronald.Girardin@Dartmouth.EDU (Ronald Girardin)
Date: 09 Sep 97 14:14:43 EDT
Subject: Re: Organic Acid?
To: kln@staralliance.com, love-hounds@gryphon.com ("love-hounds@gryphon.com")

--- Karen Newcombe wrote:
Mark,

Please detail what is on this CD in the group.

There may be two different CD's going around called Organic Acid, one of
which is for sharing, not for sale.  We had several copies of a CD that was
titled Organic Acid at the Katemas party in San Francisco.  That particular
CD, which has a number of rarities on it including the clean version of
"The Magician" with no movie voice-overs, is to be freely copied to others
(in the spirit of the Love Hounds video collections) but NOT sold.

I seem to remember that there is a bootleg CD out there called Organic
Acid, but I can't remember what's on it -- demos or tour or something?

Please let us know which one you're talking about.

Thanks much, Karen

--- end of quote ---
hmmmmmm....

I was unaware that this "Organic Acid" was being circulated at Katemas
Parties to "privileged" love-hounds.  I happen to have bought one....oh well.

But to this I have 2 things to say:

    1.  I wish a proper tapetree would've been setup to distribute the
        material found on this CD.   Maybe I missed something during the
        (rather brief) discussions about the newly discovered songs.  Maybe
         ther IS intent to setup a tapetree....I dunno...

    2.  Who made these CDs and why can't they be sold?    What if they are
        to be given away?    It seems to me that this is putting many
        love-hounds at a disadvantage.  I happen to be an avid collector
        but now I feel rather "cheap" for having bought this CD.
        However,  I feel that we cannot impose the same distribution
        restrictions on a manufactured CD as we can on dubbed videos.
        Both the Lovehound Collection and Kate-Topia are "manufactured"
        with great ease by anybody who has 2 or more VCRs.  unfortunately,
        we can't say as much about CDs unless you have special equipment.
        Most people will have at least 1 VCR,  not many people have CD
        burning equipment.  And why can't I seek the best quality possible
        offered by the CD as opposed to a cassette dub.

Anyways,  I'm waiting for the CD to come in the mail.  As soon as I get it,
I will offer taped copies of it.    I will also offer tapes of the other
home demos.  I've dubbed many copies in the past already.

...god I feel very strange about this...especially at the lack of ANYBODY
offering to dub this "precious" CD to the rest of us Lovehounds...

peace

ron