Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Was This Woman's Work in any movie

From: "DJH" <donna@math.uconn.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 09:03:29 +0000
Subject: Re: Was This Woman's Work in any movie
To: yu127620@YorkU.CA (Ratnadeep Bhadra), love-hounds@gryphon.com
Comments: Authenticated sender is <donna@tatung.math.uconn.edu>

> A friend and i were listening to maxwel's version o f
> this woman's work and she said that she'd heard this song long ago in a
> movie,
> is shw correct, was Kate Bush's song ina movie ever?
>
> RONNY

YES INDEED!!! She's Having a Baby.  Moving.  I cry every time I see
the scene that KaTe wrote this song for.  It's a John Hughes film
staring Kevin Bacon and Elizabeth Mxxxxx? (forgot her last name..
forgive me Beth!)  Very funny film.  I give it 4 stars out of 5.
(Ok, I gave it some slack for the KaTe song)

BTW, the sound track is cool.  instead of side A and Side B, it is
side HE and side SHE.  Side he is all male performers and side she is
female.  fantastic!!  A couple songs that are horrid, but worth
buying the tape.

d~

"I don't know why I give in, but I do every time.
And here I am wondering why I did it again.
Too-ree-ay, too-ree-o, too-ree-ay, too-ree-o, too-ree-ay's what I say
     To keep me going, To keep the shit away."  Kate Bush