Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate vs. Diana

From: Ronald.Girardin@Dartmouth.EDU (Ronald Girardin)
Date: 09 Sep 97 07:59:33 EDT
Subject: Re: Kate vs. Diana
To: kbfreakc@aol.com (Kbfreakc), rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net

--- Kbfreakc wrote:
The wisdom of Kate's conscious decision to avoid the media and not to become
just another celebrity is now apparent.  See where Princess Diana's thirst for
celebrity got her.  Now she's dead.  I find it very interesting the
relationship of
talent and brilliance to who is meritorious of celebrity and how this has
worked in
Kate's favor.  Princess Diana, who was a relatively talentless cutesy
air-head and
a former member of the Royal family, is admired and mourned by millions;
yet, Kate Bush, who has given the world more than Diana ever thought of, is
relatively
ignored.  Brilliance is ignored while mediocrty is Glorified!  Ain't the
world a twisted place.  I hope I never live to see Kate Bush's death, but
when than time comes, she definitely deserves a state funeral.  Kate has
character that Diana only wished she had.

EC Morris
--- end of quote ---
Hi...

...um....too much coffee this morning???????

peace

ron