Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: This Woman's Work

From: "Ronald W. Garrison" <rwgarr@intrex.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 19:27:13 -0400
Subject: Re: This Woman's Work
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
To: "john scott garton, CCP" <jsgarton@earthlink.net>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

john scott garton, CCP wrote:

>  I am looking for information on this import.   All I have found was
> that it
> contains 8cds.
>
> What does the set entail.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> jsg

==================
IMHO the best reason to get the 8-disc set is the two black-cover CD's
that contain stuff that wasn't on the albums. For instance, all those
singles, and those extended or alternative versions, mini-lp's, the
tracks from the "Live at the Hammersmith" mini-LP-----all that is there
on those two discs. I've said it before and I'll say it again--that one
disc that starts out with "The Empty Bullring" and ends with "Be Kind to
my Mistakes" is a *terrific* way to introduce one of the poor,
unfortunate, deprived outworlders to the land of Kate.

On the other hand it's a *crime* that EMI makes you buy an 8-disc boxed
set to get those two discs.

--Ron