Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "The Collection" bootleg video. (long)

From: "Ronald W. Garrison" <rwgarr@intrex.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 19:31:59 -0400
Subject: Re: "The Collection" bootleg video. (long)
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
To: Ronald Girardin <Ronald.Girardin@Dartmouth.EDU>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Ronald Girardin wrote:

> Greetings Love-hounds,
>
>    About a month ago a bought the bootleg video called "The
> Collection"
> (Not to be confused with the Lovehound Collection which we all know
> was a
> beautiful piece of collaborative work from some of our more
> distinguished
> Lovehounds).   Anyway, Ther are a few items of interest in this video.
> BTW, it is listed in the collector's guide on page 108...but the video
> track list is inaccurate.  Obviously, the author only read the track
> list
> off the cover).     Most of what's on this video is already available
> in
> the Lovehounds Collection or Kateopia.
>
> Ok, here goes:
>
> 1.  The Wedding List  (Prince's Trust Concert)
>        - yes, this is the piece where Kate's dress straps snap towards
>          the end of the performance.       (picture qaulity:  B)
>
> 2.  The Man With The Child In His Eyes  &
>     Them Heavy People   (Saturday Night Live)
>        - picture quality:  C
>
> 3.  Them Heavy People     (Revolver TV show, UK, March 1978?)
>        - Kate performs live and is wearing a Tuxedo.
>        - pic. quality: D
>
> 4.  Babooshka   (Collard, FRANCE, 1980)
>        - Kate mimes to a backdrop of a winter scenery.  She's wearing
>          green "sparkly" dress and a cape
>        - Pic. Quality: D
>
> 5.  Suspended In Gaffa  (Champs Elysees, FRANCE, Oct. 1982)
>        - Kate mimes to a backdrop of a Russian scenery.   She's
> wearing a
>          grey dress with "puffy" shoulders".  There's a B&W picture of
> this
>          performance in the book "The Whole Story" by Kerry Juby.
> BTW, the
>          photo describes her as performing "Egypt".
>        - Pic. quality: D-
>
> 6.  December Will Be Magic Again   (Abba special, Dec. 1979?)
>        - Kate mimes to the Bongo version of the song while sitting in
>          red chair.
>        - Pic. quality: C-  (actually, slightly better quality than on
> the
>          Lovehounds Collection...at least the copy I have)
>
> 7.  Babooshka,  Interview, Delius   (Dr. Hook Special, March 1980)
>        - this is on the LoveHounds Collection
>        - picture quality: B
>
> 8.  Interview,  Sat In Your Lap video   (Razamatazz, Sept. 1982)
>        - can be found on the Lovehounds Collection
>        - picture quality: C
>
> 9   Award presentation and Wow video excerpt  (BPI Awards, 1979?)
>        - can be found on the Lovehounds Collection
>        - picture quality: C
>
> 10. Them Heavy People video
>        - swinging light version (official video)
>        - can be found on the Single File
>        - Pic. quality: C
>
> 11. Interview  (Delia Smith Cookery, Feb, 1980)
>        - Can be found on the Lovehounds Collection
>        - Pic. quality: C
>
> 12. Interview  (Russell Hardy Show, Nov. 1980)
>        - can fe found on te Lovehounds Collection
> [...]

======================
Looks like there's quite a bit on video that I haven't kept up on. I'd
be interested in where I could get anything on video that I've not seen
yet, especially interviews, and *most* especially if there's some way to
get special features such as that 1989 VH-1 special (that I only heard
about, and never got to see).

What I've seem so far is:

  The Whole Story
  The Sensual World Videos