Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: This Woman's Work

From: "Alan Chamberlin" <xxxxabckid@ix.netcom.com>
Date: 25 Aug 1997 05:11:20 GMT
Subject: Re: This Woman's Work
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

john scott garton, CCP <jsgarton@earthlink.net> wrote in article
<5tmse0$hh1@argentina.earthlink.net>...
>  I am looking for information on this import.   All I have found was that
it
> contains 8cds.
>
> What does the set entail.
>

> Thanks in advance,
> jsg

The set contains Kate's first 6 albums (The Kick Inside through The
Sensuous World) and two CD's of b-sides, unreleased material (none of the
Cathy demos however), sound track songs, and what I assume are dance floor
remixes of things like Experiment IV, Cloudbusting, Running Up That Hill,
etc.

If you have the EMI-America releases of the albums make the investment.
The sound quality is excellent.  (EMI-America did not used an inferior
master copy in pressing for the American market.  The box set uses the
original masters.  The difference was stunning.)  Original artwork is used
throughout and not any of the American derivations, lyrics included and on
the original vinyl.  A nifty booklet with a lot of pictures of Kate are
included.  Finally, she redesigned the KT logo and you got several stickers
of that to put up wherever you wanted.

I bought mine shortly after they first became available for $150 - well
worth the investment.  Get it if you can find it.

My only question is how do the new anniversary re-releases compare
sonically to the box set?

--
Alan Chamberlin
----

"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it."
Santayana