Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Could HOL/9thW be the greatest album ever???

From: mcolville@earthlink.net (Matthew M. Colville)
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 01:15:26 -0700
Subject: Re: Could HOL/9thW be the greatest album ever???
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <5sdlg4$9s$1@newsd-2.alma.webtv.net>, blyoung2@webtv.net (Bill
Young Jr.) wrote:

> Just my opinion, of course.
> Does anyone agree that HOL just might be the best..........EVER?

   Clearly not.  The Genesis album "Wind & Wuthering" is the greatest album
ever.  I can prove this using algebra.

   Although, Dark Side of the Moon yields very similar results when plugged
into the formulae, so you never know.

   Mind you, HoL is pretty damn good.  I can't help but be more impressed
by TRS.  I don't know, I'm a wierd dude.  I think it's fairly easy to get
some kind of emotional involvement from your listener when you're writing a
concept album.  It's much harder to get the same reaction from a collection
a pop songs.

--
Armed only with wisdom
The Shintao monks fight against the darkness. . .

Role-Playing & Fiction; http://home.earthlink.net/~mcolville