Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Breaking Glass ( starring Hazel o Connor ) and Kate Bush ?

From: Llovich@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 18:53:48 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Breaking Glass ( starring Hazel o Connor ) and Kate Bush ?
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

In article
<c=GB%a=summertown%p=Oxfam_UK_?_I%l=OXFAM_OXFAM00_00026433@oxford-rirc.oxfam.o
rg.uk>, mwade@oxfam.org.uk (Mike Wade) writes:

>>some days ago I remembered Breaking Glass My question is if there is some
>relation to Kate Bush ?
>
>Must admit I've never seen any connection there.The "Kate" of Breaking
>Glass has to fight to get any record company interest/funding (unlike
>our Kate) and, ultimately, loses the power battle (again, unlike Kate).
>Brilliant film though, and the issues of at least trying to fight for
>artistic control do have a Kate resonance.
>
>Mike

Hey ... if you really want to stretch, there IS a relation of sorts ...

When "Breaking Glass" was originally in pre-production, it was going to be a
film adaptation of the hit Thames TV series "Rock Follies." If you remember
"Rock Follies," you'll recall one of the three singers of The Little Ladies
-- who were morphed into a single single called Kate for the "Breaking Glass"
film -- was played by Julie Covington.

If you remember Julie Covington, you'll remember her nice, folksy version of
"The Kick Inside" on her "Julie Covington" lp. There was a rumor at some
point that KTB appeared on that version; but if she does, you can't hear her
and she's uncredited.