Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

"Hello Earth" Choral group

From: Delbert Stanley <dgstan@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 20:12:35 -0700
Subject: "Hello Earth" Choral group
To: rec-music-gaffa@ncren.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I saw a Miami Vice episode that featured Kate Bush's "Hello Earth"
track. On that track there was a male choral group accompanyment. I
cannot identify who this group is or other recordings they may have.
Other usenet sites describe this group as "a men's choral passage in
either Czech or Russian". I saw on PBS about two years ago a documentary
on the Siberian Express Railway. As the train passed Lake Bicol the
background music seemed to be the same group that appeared on KB's
track. Can anyone identify?

I hope I am doing this correctly. This is my third time online and first
time to send E-mail to a newsgroup. Pardon my lateness, I realized the
track was first recorded in 1985

Regards,
Del