Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Under The Ivy

From: Mike Wade <mwade@oxfam.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 19:44:00 +0100
Subject: Re: Under The Ivy
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@gryphon.com>, Richard Bensam <rabensam@earthlink.net>

 Richard Bensam wrote (on 13th July):

"For years I heard this line as "the green on the grave" -- rather than
"on the gray" -- and this conjured up *exactly* the image you describe.
And it is SUCH an archetypal Kate image, to go hiding in an ivy-strewn
graveyard, that I still suspect this is what she had in mind."

Now I MUST go and listen to it again. I love the track, but have
*always* heard it as "the green on the grave". I can hear Kate lingering
over the "v" in my mind.  If, as seems, I have misheard it, odd that we
should both do so in the same way.

Mike

(Apols for the belated posting - I've only just found Richard's note -
I must have have transferred a batch of mesages into the wrong
directory. Duhh!)