Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: What's Kate saying on "Hello Earth"

From: Dippy-Donald@t-online.de (dippy-donald)
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 17:54:18 +0200
Subject: Re: What's Kate saying on "Hello Earth"
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

> I just got the remastered HOl and heard something I never noticed before
> At the end of  "Hello Earth"   she speaks something that I thought was
> Gaelic.  But my Irish girlfriend tells me its not Irish Gaelic.  Anyne
> have any idea?  It comes about 30 seconds before the start of track 12 and
> is just whispered.

I donīt know much about Gaelic, but as a native German speaker I can
swear you that the whispered words at the end of "Hello Earth" are
without any doubt a perfectly correct german sentence with a certain
poetic quality.

Gaby Zangerl whispers with a highly accurate pronunciation the words:
"Tiefer, tiefer - Irgendwo in der Tiefe gibt es ein Licht!" which
translates to "Deeper, deeper - somewhere in the depth there is a
light!" - as some of you already have mentioned correctly.

Keep breathing!
Stephan

Rose, reiner Widerspruch, Lust, Niemandes Schlaf zu sein unter soviel
Lidern.

Rainer Maria Rilke