Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Covers Others

From: "Harrison Shinn" <Jerjerrod@NAKED2THEworldnet.att.net>
Date: 12 Aug 1997 07:10:22 GMT
Subject: Kate Covers Others
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Has anyone ever imagined Kate doing an all cover album ?  What are some of the songs that you'd want to hear her immortalise ?  My list is below, feel free to add to it !
I think she's more than just a singer-songwriter !  I think she's brilliant at re-interpreting other's songs as well (i.e. "Rocket Man").

My List:

1. Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight  by The Beatles
(Done ala "Candle in the Wind" would be lovely.  I'm a singer myself
and recorded a version of these songs and tried to interpret it the way
I envisioned Kate would.)

2. Love Will Lead You Back by Taylor Dane (written by Diane Warren)
( I know you're thinking, "WHAT...???".  But I would just love to hear
Kate sing this sappy love ballad !)

3. Everything I Do ( I Do It For You) by Brian Adams
(written by Adams, Michael Kamen, Mutt Lange)
(Rumour has it that she was asked to do this but turned it down since she
was busy working on TRS.)

4. Sexual Healing by Marvin Gaye
( I know this exists, so let's hear it !)

5. Moonraker by John Barry, Hal David
(Another rumour is that she was asked to sing this.  She would've been
brilliant.)

6. Tell Me Something Good by Rufus
(She'd do a good Chaka...)

7. A Groovy Kind of Love
( Do it slow like Phil Collins.  I can almost see her pouting her lips and
singing this one !)

8. Silent all these years by Tori Amos
(Hey ! Tori did "Running Up That Hill", why can't Kate pay tribute to her too !)

Well, I can't believe I started this thread and now I'm drawing a blank.  I know the moment I send this, I'll remember the 50 others I wanted to hear her sing.  Anyway...

Feel free to add to this !

hs

...just being alive, it can really hurt, these moments given are a gift from time...
Kate bush, moments of pleasure