Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

HOL RE-issue...my humble review

From: mplskyle1@aol.com (MPLSkyle1)
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 21:30:58 -0400
Subject: HOL RE-issue...my humble review
To: <rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Hey everyone....

I know it's been ages since i've posted anything to r.m.g. ...and for that
i'm sorry - life has taken a couple of odd turns & i've been amazingly
busy as of late.  I have been trying to keep up at least with reading the
newsgroup as without out all of your insiteful conversations i would be
lost.

regardless...as i've just got done listening to the re-issue (headphones
on, volume up, door locked, blinds pulled, eyes shut & mentally on a
journey) and thought i would give you some thoughts (just three words
actually):

Clearer.

Warmer.

Sumptious.

Thats it..... in a nutshell - i love this and am hearing things i've not
heard in both the US domestic (yuck - thats a technical term by the way)
as well as the Jap. Import version in the TWW box.  Quite enjoying
re-discoving old songs (and GREAT job on the liner notes Patrick...if your
reading).  :)   very pleased with my purchase today (much to the chagrin
of my shopping buddies - 'but you've already got that' & 'you even have
those extra tracks' - to which i replied:  "yeah yeah - whatever - but
it's been re-mastered!!!!" ).

oh - a quick question/observation:

Am i like the only one in the free world to not have picked up on the fact
that 'watching you without me' appears to be written from the pov of Kate
as the ghost???!!!!?????   wow!  i'm dense.  :)

ooh - wait - a question for you all... (i'm sure somewhere i've read this
or IED has posted about it)  -  what is the chorus of men singing during
'hello earth'??????  I never was any good with choir's of voices.  thx in
advance.

as always, peace, love & Kate.
~Kyle

P.S. - a quick hello to Bryan (i've found your video liner notes - shoot
me your addy again, and i'll get them off to you), Sami (miss you - move
back to minneapolis - now!), and Jennifer (you know who you are - we HAVE
to have coffee soon...and catch up).  Sorry I missed KateMas this year -
hope you had a blast!!!

k.s.

"it's alright darling, we can do this together,
it's alright darling, i can think of nothing better"
           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Be Kind To My Mistakes, Kate Bush