Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

(Re Tracey's several Kate questions)

From: Mike Wade <mwade@oxfam.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 17:39:00 +0100
Subject: (Re Tracey's several Kate questions)
To: "tereza2000@aol.com" <tereza2000@aol.com>
Cc: "'Love Hounds'" <love-hounds@gryphon.com>

Sorry - I've been away - you may have had answers to all of these
already.

Firstly - Welcome to Lovehounds!  Pleased you found it at last.

> 1) Is Del Palmer still Kate's S.O?
No. as I understand it they split up a few years ago.

2) Is there an address where I can write to HER
KBC (Kate Bush Club) is probably your best bet. Address is:  The
Official Kate Bush Fan Club
PO Box 120, Welling, Kent  DA163DS  England. If writing from the States,
best to enclose an SAE's. I assume you know the UK fan magazine
"Homeground". In case not, details of subscribing are pasted in here:

HOMEGROUND is the oldest established Kate Bush fanzine now in
production.
It was started in 1982 and now, as then, is run by three Kate Bush fans
independently of any official fan organisation or record company. It has
readers in the UK, in most countries of Europe, in the United States and
Canada, South America, in Australia, New Zealand and Japan. Our aim is
provide a service of news and information about Kate and her music, and
to provide a platform for review and discussion of Kate's work on a
world
 -wide basis.

Our aim has been to publish four times a year, supplemented (for
subscribers) by HOMEGROUND UPDATE issued when there is urgent news.

Subscription rates (inclusive of postage and airmail to distant places
are:

                        Six Months Annual     Two Years
United Kingdom     £5.50      £10.00     £19.00
Europe                  £6.25      £11.00     £21.00
USA & Canada      £7.50      £14.00     £26.00
Australia,Japan      £7.75      £14.75     £27.50
Anywhere else                   Please enquire

IMPORTANT: Please make all payments to HOMEGROUND FANZINE and in British
currency if at all possible. It is prohibitively expensive for us to
deal
with cheques or money orders in non-British currency. If you cannot pay
in British currency please send local currency notes (i.e. dollars,
lire,
yen) remembering to include an extra 10% to meet our conversion costs.
The current US dollar equivalent of a one year subscription is about
$28.

Some back issues are available at the following prices inclusive of
postage etc: UK £2.85, Europe £3.20, USA etc £3.85, Australia etc £4.05.

We cannot undertake to reply to correspondents who do not include a
stamped addressed envelope (UK) or an international reply coupon
(everywhere else).

P.D.FitzGerald-Morris
Homeground The Kate Bush Fanzine
PO BOX 176 ORPINGTON KENT BR5 3NA ENGLAND
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++==

>4) I recently bought the CD bootleg "Collaborations" ...
Yeah - these tracks are brilliant. There is a studio quality release of
"Do Bears" and (I think) Breathing, in the Amnesty album of the Concert.
No idea if this is still available, but I can get the details for you if
you want.

>5) When I first heard the song 'Under Ice" I really got chills...
Hmm - the idea of drugs in the Nintyh Wave is a new one on me. Not sure.
Though that's always been my understanding of "Kite". You can interpret
it in lots of ways, but the "big eyeball calling me" can only have a
drugs context for me. You can carry the imagry successfullly through the
whole song.

>6) Does anyone have any books on Kate for sale?...Visual Documentary... How
credible is this book?
Pretty poor IMHO.  All the independent books are well dogy, but of
course interesting 'cos they're on Kate. Some of the sheet music  &
books are worth looking at (Eg Kate Bush Complete") - there's often more
than just the music itself.

>Okay, okay, I'll stop now.  I have so much more I want to talk about ...
OK - now I'll probably wade through the rest of my emails and find
10,000 people have answered making the smae points as me. Ho-hum.

Happy w/ends everyone. And enjoy LoveHounds Tracey.

Mike