Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: used KaTe

From: chrisw@wwa.com (Chris Williams)
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 1997 15:38:42 GMT
Subject: Re: used KaTe
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

>  Hi, On vacation in another state I checked out a used CD store.  I found
>a UK 45 of Sat in your Lap b/w Lord of the Reedy River for $10 and a
>Hounds of Love that was supposed to be b/w Burning Bridge but was an EMI
>America promo b/w the extended HoL also for $10.  I found a 12" picture
>disc of Rubberband Girl for $3!!! and then a cd single of Sensual World
>for $2!!!  The store guy said they were marking all the KaTe stuff down as
>"she's no longer popular"!!!!!!!  What mixed feelings!!! No No all KaTe's
>stuff must be cherished  vs. I want it all and cheap is better.  Still
>stunned...

   It's *always* like this between albums. Now is the time to fill in those
cracks in your collection. It'll all go right back up as soon as the album
is ready for release. Take advantage of it. We can no longer collect in the
way we used to. When I first got into Kate, I was the *only* person looking
for her stuff where I lived. I bought the Harvest TMWtCIHE for $2. There
are still some bargains...I found an 8-track of TKI (on Harvest) for $4.

Chris Williams of
   Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
      chrisw@wwa.com
"How perfectly goddamn delightful it all is, to be sure" - C. Crumb