Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Don't Give Up Videos

From: ANGLTRED@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 21:57:53 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Don't Give Up Videos
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

<< >From what I've read, there are also two videos to "Don't Give Up" (the
<< > duet with Peter Gabriel). I've only seen the "hug" version", though. >>

The "hug" version is, in my opinion, one of the best video's ever made and
the most phenomenal of all the videos in which Kate appears.  The use of the
few simple, yet quite bold, colors is transcendentally beautiful.  This video
is the epitome of simplicity in art and yet it somehow moves the viewer in a
deep and powerful way.  After seeing the "hug" version, I was quite
disappointed with the MTV version of Don't Give Up.  If you've seen the hug
version, you do not need to see the MTV version.  (Then again, perhaps that's
like saying, "If you've heard Hounds of Love, you don't need to hear Never
for Ever"....which is just silly, to say the least!)

As always, take my opinion with a grain of salt, (or...how does she say it in
"Lily"..."with a pinch of salt"?)
~~~Samantha