Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: used KaTe

From: Chris Williams <chrisw@wwa.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 02:50:58 -0500
Subject: Re: used KaTe
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

nsrjm@mednet.ucla.edu (Robb McCaffree) replied:

>Chris Williams wrote:
>>
>> are still some bargains...I found an 8-track of TKI (on Harvest) for $4.
>
>Wow. Which songs are broken in half to fit the 8-track format?
>
>Just curious. I always hated that.

    Program 1

    Moving
    The Saxophone Song
    Room For The Life

    Program 2

   Strange Phenomena * Kite
   The Man With The Child In His Eyes
    L'Amour Looks Something Like You

    Program 3

   Wuthering Heights
   Feel It
   Them Heavy People

   Program 4

   James And The Cold Gun
   Oh To Be In Love
   The Kick Inside

   For comparison, here's the arrangement on the CD:

1.Moving
2.The Saxophone Song
3.Strange Phenomena
4.Kite
5.The Man With The Child In His Eyes
6.Wuthering Heights
7.James And The Cold Gun
8.Feel It
9.Oh To Be In Love
10.L'Amour Looks Something Like You
11.Them Heavy People
12.Room For The Life
13. The Kick Inside

CD                      8-track

M                          M
SS                        SS
SP                        RFtL
K                           SP
TMWtCiHE          K
WH                       TMWtCiHE
JatCG                   LLSLY
FI                           WH
OTBiL                   FI
LLSLY                   THP
THP                       JatCG
RFtL                      OTBiL
TKI                         TKI

    The cover is the Harvest original (i.e. the Canadian "Vogue" or "Oh, my
aching head" version.) The ID is 8VW-11761.

     I haven't actually listened to it, but it doesn't appear that any of
them have
been broken. But Strange Phenomena and Kite may have been cobbled
into a medley. I may have to take it over to my friend Kim's. She has a
former top-of-the-line Pioneer 8-track recorder, as well as one of those
"Dynamite" players with the plunger on top.

Chris Williams of
   Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
      chrisw@wwa.com
"How perfectly goddamn delightful it all is, to be sure" - C. Crumb