Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Different Wuthering Heights videos

From: heisjohn@juno.com
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 20:04:30 -0400
Subject: Re: Different Wuthering Heights videos
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

Ron wrote:
>From what I've read, there are also two videos to "Don't Give Up"
>(the
>duet with Peter Gabriel). I've only seen the "hug" version", though.

Yep, in additition to the "hug" version, there's also the "despair"
version which appears on Peter's CV Video collection.

In contrast to the message of hope I've always seen in the first, this
one is really depressing -- plenty of images of hopelessness and domestic
unrest, all awash in rain-blurred sepia tones -- with very little Kate.

Side by side, they're good examples of how video imagery alone can make
the same song sound entirely different.

John Heislman