Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: several Kate questions

From: Rolf.Peukert@theoinf.tu-ilmenau.de (Rolf Peukert)
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 97 14:24:36 +0200
Subject: Re: several Kate questions
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hi Tracy!

2) the best address to write to is probably the Kate Bush Club,
i.e. Lisa Bradley, who _can_ forward your mail to Kate (anybody
ever tried this?).

        KBC
        PO Box 120
        Welling, Kent, DA16 3DS
        UK

3) The song "My Computer" is on Prince's triple album "emancipation", Kate's
vocals are far in the background (backing the main vox, you never hear her
voice alone) and seem to be treated with a vocoder or so. Well, if you don't
like Prince I wouldn't recommend the album.

4) "Collaborations" has an interesting selection, although the Midge Ure duet
"Sister And Brother" is missing.
Other interesting items: "This Woman's Live Work"
(or "This Woman's Work Live", slightly different selection of tracks)
There are also lots of bootlegs of the Hammersmith soundtrack, but the best
idea is to get the legit release, "Kate Bush live at Hammersmith Odeon",
a CD+Video double pack.
Finally there are the home demo bootlegs in all their variations. "Cathy's
Home Demos" or "Kate Bush Home Demos" seem to be the most complete, while
"Alone at my piano" or "Shrubberies" offer slightly better sound quality.
Try asking on the group for someone to make a tape copy for you.

6) "A Visual Documentary" is the best of the books about Kate I know. Has
great photos from the "Experiment IV" video production. How credible is
it? Well, IED's list of errors for this one is only half as long as for
Juby's "The Whole Story" book :-)
If you're a musician you might find "Kate Bush Complete" more interesting,
an "official" book with lyrics and music of all songs up to 1986.
Don't get any of the books by Fred Vermorel, they deal only marginally
with Kate's musical career.

Rolf