Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: A Weird View of The Ninth Wave

From: "He Is John" <heisjohn@gate.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 21:50:33 -0400
Subject: Re: A Weird View of The Ninth Wave
To: "Love Hounds" <love-hounds@gryphon.com>

Lee wrote:
> It seemd (emphasis) to fit, even though it was not about a fictional
> shuttle crash at all. However, I still hear the same message, see in my
> head the same images that I always have associated with the Ninth Wave.
>
> I merely wanted to share my interpretation (alternate and incorrect)
> with the group. If you listen to the songs in the manner I suggested, I
> believe that you are in for a surprise.

Alternate?  Yep.
Incorrect?   Well, maybe... but so what?
Enjoyable?  Definitely!

I never really thought about it in this way except for the obvious space
references in Hello Earth, so I put the new remaster on under the stars a
few nights ago after reading your interp -- and really enjoyed a fresh look
at TNW.  (So don't let a few naysayers get in the way...)

I still think, for example, that Pull Out The Pin makes much more sense
sung from the perspective of a female, but *EVERYBODY* says it's a male
soldier.

John