Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: HoL - Reissue & Happy B-day, KT

From: "Ronald W. Garrison" <rwgarr@intrex.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 16:26:41 -0400
Subject: Re: HoL - Reissue & Happy B-day, KT
To: Chris Williams <chrisw@wwa.com>

Chris Williams wrote:

> >...If you're serious about that headphone thing, you may be in for a
> >pleasant surprise. Certainly I haven't looked at a wide selection
> >myself, but in 1994 I ran across something in a magazine mentioning
> some
> >in-the-ear phones from Etymotic Research. The reviewer said, in
> essence,
> >that they had the best sound of any phones *or speakers* he'd ever
> >heard. There's a link to ER on the "music" page of my site (URL is
> >below--check out the other artists too while you're at it.)
>
>    Actually, there's section but no link.
>
> <!-- <A HREF="http://www.???"></A> can&#146;t find URL for Etymotic
> Research -->
>
>    AltaVista did yield a URL for the company at:
>
> http://www.tec1.com/etymotic/
>
>    I managed to get ahold of them at 847-228-0006. They do make
> them, but have nothing on their web page about the headphones.
> Most of their stuff is about various hearing-aid components.
> I talked to a person there, but he's an accountant. Someone will
> be calling me. They're in the Chicago area, so hopefully I'll
> be able to audition them.
>
>  Jeffrey Silberman- ambisonx@well.com sells them. Apparently they're
> fairly popular among Grateful Dead fans.

  --Oops, I stand corrected. I remember now that they have no real Web
presence. No idea why. Maybe they're too busy to come out of their lab.
Whatever. The product is not that hard to find, in any case. Depending
on your circumstances, the money to buy them may not be trivial, but
that's of course another matter.

--Ron

--
http://www.intrex.net/rwgarr/