Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: HoL - Reissue & Happy B-day, KT

From: Chris Williams <chrisw@wwa.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 13:21:26 -0500
Subject: Re: HoL - Reissue & Happy B-day, KT
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Cc: rwgarr@intrex.net

>...If you're serious about that headphone thing, you may be in for a
>pleasant surprise. Certainly I haven't looked at a wide selection
>myself, but in 1994 I ran across something in a magazine mentioning some
>in-the-ear phones from Etymotic Research. The reviewer said, in essence,
>that they had the best sound of any phones *or speakers* he'd ever
>heard. There's a link to ER on the "music" page of my site (URL is
>below--check out the other artists too while you're at it.)

   Actually, there's section but no link.

<!-- <A HREF="http://www.???"></A> can&#146;t find URL for Etymotic
Research -->

   AltaVista did yield a URL for the company at:

http://www.tec1.com/etymotic/

   I managed to get ahold of them at 847-228-0006. They do make
them, but have nothing on their web page about the headphones.
Most of their stuff is about various hearing-aid components.
I talked to a person there, but he's an accountant. Someone will
be calling me. They're in the Chicago area, so hopefully I'll
be able to audition them.

 Jeffrey Silberman- ambisonx@well.com sells them. Apparently they're
fairly popular among Grateful Dead fans.