Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Hello Earth

From: Ian Shillingford <EonS@CompuServe.COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 09:55:21 -0400
Subject: Hello Earth
To: Kate Bush mail-list <love-hounds@gryphon.com>

>debraski@aol.com (Debraski)
asked...
>I just got the remastered HOl and heard something I never noticed before
>At the end of  "Hello Earth"   she speaks something that I thought was
>Gaelic.  But my Irish girlfriend tells me its not Irish Gaelic.  Anyne
>have any idea?  It comes about 30 seconds before the start of track 12 and
>is just whispered.

I suspect a German-fluent fan might be able to help, as
Tiefe = depth
Licht = light
The other words are too fast for me to work out (I'm very much a beginner).

...actually, one of the later e-mails in the list (from Stormin') has
"Somewhere in the depth, there is the light." as the sigline.
Checking the dictionary, somewhere = irgendwo, so I suggest this is the
translation.
Am I correct, Stormin'? <pleading look on face>

Ian