Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Maxwell & Kate & Jeff & Rod & Phil ...

From: Stephen Strahan <stephen@iinet.net.au>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 01:10:23 +0800
Subject: Re: Maxwell & Kate & Jeff & Rod & Phil ...
To: rec-music-gaffa@agate.berkeley.edu
To: "Collinson, Wendy" <Wendy.Collinson@olsy.co.uk>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

> It made me think, what if at some point, a Kate tribute album was
> produced, full of hoary old rockers like Rod Stewart singing Sat in
> Your
> Lap, or  Phil Collins doing Hammer Horror.  I think this has the
> definite makings of another list!!!  What do other lovehounds think?!
> Let's be having your tracks/artists lists.

I love the idea of a mega-star tribute <grin>  So.. along the lines of
your suggestions perhaps Elton John could return the favour and cover
something like "The Man with the child in his eyes" and Annie Lennox
could easily slot in, perhaps singing RubberBand Girl? Prince should
certainly cover something too, perhaps Running Up That Hill (Deal with
God) religion being something hes interested in.. or maybe The Big Sky.
Tori Amos on Wuthering Heights?  Babooshka?? Neneh Cherry on
Cloudbusting? Marcella Detroit on WH or WOW?  And Wendy Matthews would
be great on Running Up That Hill or Hounds Of Love.
BTW  Wendy Matthews fourth album (the name of which escapes me right
now) will be out within the next 6-8weeks maybe sooner. A single from
the album has already been released and is getting good airplay here
(Perth, Western Australia) The lady has an excellent voice :)